Friday 17 June 2011

Note Whore

There's a guy who can't really do much although he's been working at the supermarket longer than me.
This morning, we had a situation where we had to open the drawer of the cash register. He(The Loser) didn't know how to open it. There is a way to open it but it's a complicated process (kinda). It has to be complicated enough so that the customers can't open it and take the money.
I figured that I could open it the way when I end the machine at the end of the day.
I did it. It worked.
The Loser asked me how I did it. I said "The way we close the machine. You do know how to close the machine, right?" He said, "I've done it twice. I haven't really taken any notes though."
I took that reply as "I don't really know how to do it" because it's impossible (for me anyway) to close the machine without looking at the notes. So I decided to tell him how to do it. Although, I know it's not going to be really helpful if we actually did it. Not just tell him.
I explained it to him anyway. I checked from time to time if he was writing down what I was saying. He was trying to copy off my notes! So I hid it with my hand thinking "you ain't copying mine!!! What good will that do? Jeeeesus!"
He didn't take any notes after I hid my notes.
It seemed to me that all he wanted to do from the beginning was copy mine. I don't even think he wanted to hear my explanation either.

No comments:

Post a Comment