Thursday 27 May 2010

Test Over Tomorrow...

...NOT!!! My class (yes, ONLY my class!) has to take a mock test the next day the mid-term test ends which is tomorrow.

On the 2nd day of the test, we had the Japanese test. We were told that we will have to write a 400 word essay about rationalism. The teacher explained to us what rationalism was and I did understand what he was saying. However, the actual test was difficult like fuck. We wad to read a passage about rationalism written by some famous German philosopher which I couldn't understand a bit, and we had to write about rationalism and how to OVERCOME IT. What is there to over come? I didn't even know it was something you overcome. So, I didn't have a clue what to write but managed to write like 2 lines out of 20. Apparently, most of the other boys couldn't write anything and all the other awesome people did write the whole essay.
After the other tests were over, the class teacher said "The boys will stay. Mr H (the Japanese teacher) has somethings to say to you."
We had to sit there for 2 whole hours and listen to Mr H and the class teacher and another teacher. They said that we will never get into the universities we want to go to and that we weren't working hard enough and other quite harsh things. The boy who is aiming for Tokyo Univ started to cry. I felt sorry for him because I think he's very clever. I was thinking "yeah whatever." because it's nothing to do with me for I will get the hell out of this crazy country as soon as I graduate but I think, for the others, it was quite tough. I thought it would be better if they let us go and let us study. After the 2 hour talk, we were made to write about how we'll work harder from now on. Geez.

Many of the things they said, I couldn't agree. The class teacher said that the last teacher who went home the day before was the physics teacher who left at 4:30am. He said we should have the guts to do the same thing. I thought, " WHAT!? Weren't you the one who made the English test about teenagers needing more sleep??" And if a teacher does have to work until 4:30am, that's a problem. If there's that much work to do, that's a problem and if the teacher is slow to do it, then he has a problem.
Something needs to be figured out in this school.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! These guys are real idiots! I just got through telling them that they need to reduce the pressure and start considering providing a well-rounded education instead of all this emphasis on Todai. I guess that went in one ear and out the other.
    Rationalism? Did you goofs study this beforehand? I doubt I could write anything on the subject. Maybe they meant "Nationalism". That would make more sense in Japan.

    You will soon get out of this madhouse...just have some thoughts for us who are condemned to a life sentence here.

    ReplyDelete