- Use 1 small onion finely diced. Try cooking it before packing.
- 1 medium red potato Thinly sliced and diced
- 1/2 Rutabaga Thinly sliced and diced (5mm cubes
- Don't be afraid to put a bit more water in the pastry: otherwise it will be a bit too hard and will take ages to roll out.
- Meat should be diced smaller (although, I have to admit that I prefer just veg pasties.)
- don't be afraid to season well. (but not too much)
- Don't forget to add salt in the pastry
- Roll out pastry about a bit thinner than 2mm.
- Don't try to pack too much but not too little.
- Seal the edges tightly before crimping with two fingers on right hand and one finger on left hand.
- Buy pastry brush.
- Don't try to bake bread at the same time. Do it later.
- Put filling in the centre (although this isn't the REAL Cornish pasty.)
- Buy measure (Mine broke).
- Put baking paper.
Friday, 9 March 2012
What I learnt from today's pasties.
Posted by S. at 18:10