Wednesday 22 February 2012

What does life supposed to feel like?

I don't know why I'm going to study psychology. I don't even know why I'm still in education. I felt so fulfilled when I was working in the supermarket and searching for a job for summer makes me really happy. I want to work and earn money rather than study psychology.
The whole reason I chose to study psychology was because I wasn't interested in other subjects and I wanted to fix whatever was wrong with me. Which was why I was obsessively reading book about psychological disorders.
Right now I feel like I'm wasting my parents money by going to class, learning nothing, coming back to my room, eating mashed potatoes or whatever like crazy, spending hours on the internet, and sleeping. Cooking now and then. That's basically all I do. Really. I feel empty.
I know I shouldn't be having doubts but it makes me wonder everyone else enjoys studying at university or if it's something they do because they are supposed to.

2 comments:

  1. It always sucks at the beginning until you start making friends.....
    Study what interests you and if you say nothing interests you then you havent really looked enough. Working a bonehead job is fun until the newness wears off and you realize that you have no money and are living in a dump and will do so until you get an education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have friends. I asked them the other day if the psych classes are interesting. I wanted to know if I'm the only one who's still waiting for it to get interesting. They said, "yeah it's fascinating!"
      The only thing that fascinates me is food. I asked someone who owns a farm in Tsukuba if I can work for him during the summer. I really hope I can!!
      I'm seriously thinking if I should go into the food industry or stay in uni...

      Delete